Bethel church dating site
The church purchased a new parsonage under the leadership of Reverend Van B. Reverend Willis brought an organizational structure and established financial policies that still benefit the church today.Under Reverend Houston’s leadership, Bethel constructed new worship and educational facilities on Cherokee Drive, which were occupied in 1987. Our mission is to provide a God honoring, Christ-centered, Bible-based education for kindergarten 4 through twelfth grade students.We endeavor to accomplish this by seeking to assure that each student has a personal relationship with Christ, educating each student through superior academic and extracurricular programs, ministering to the family each child represents, and helping each student find God's will for his or her life.Historical records of Southern Baptist Churches in the area bear the names of men who also served at Bethel during its early days. Reverend Bragg was well known for his exceptional gifts as an evangelist and pastor.Among them are Reverends Azariah and Buck Thompson, who served several churches in Hamblen and surrounding counties. As a result, the church experienced much numerical growth during his tenure.Contact (church): 717-653-6266 Directions from Harrisburg: Take Route 283 East towards Lancaster to the Mt. CROSSFIRE brings together communities in the southeastern PA, DE, and Northern MD.General types of activities: Buffets, Banquets, Picnics, Concerts, Cantatas, Road Trips, Family Outings, Cultural Events, Volleyball, Bowling, Hiking, Seminars, support groups, and many other activities that our community may offer! is for Christian singles to get to know one another, without entering the dating scene.
The church also hosted a course in conjunction with Walters State Community College. This building with some renovations, served the needs of the congregation until 1987. It was also during his pastorate that the cornerstone was laid in the building in 1914, and intricate stained glass windows were acquired from First Baptist Church.The names of several of the early pastors are also well known. These unique windows were renovated and installed in the new sanctuary, constructed in 1987.The original house of worship, a log building dating to 1856, was located on the corner of what is now North Cumberland and Cherokee Drive. The former church building became the first building of Morristown College.This building also served as a slave market and a hospital for both Union and Confederate troops of the Civil War. Extant records from the period indicate that there were several black members of Bethel South, which later became First Baptist Church of Morristown.